Saturday, August 9, 2014

K'nex 101: Reworking a Build

Anyone who has worked extensively with K'nex knows that inevitably one of your builds will have to be reworked. It's part of life as a builder! Especially if you are one to build things just off the top of your brain, not using instructions or manuals. So, today, my post is a rework of my last build. I made an iPhone 5 holder for aid in filming and taking pictures without having to hold the phone by oneself. However, I had a friend test it out with her iPhone, and I learned a few things. First off, the holder fits the iPhone perfectly (meaning that it can't have a case on when you use the holder). Secondly, the functionality and stability of the holder could be improved. So, I went back to the drawing board. Using just the part that actually held the phone, I created a different base and manner to tilt the phone. Here are the results:





As you can see, I reworked the base so that I can simply slide the dark brown connector (above the orange connector) up and down the yellow rod, which changes the angle of the phone. Tomorrow, I hope this stand makes it into the possession of the person who recommended it to see what he thinks of the usability and functionality of the holder and if it can be further improved.

If you have any suggestions for a category of knex builds or even a specific build, I would love to hear them! Just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...