Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Knex Electric Train

During high school every year, I would make an electric train every year near Christmas. It was always a little bit of a challenge to improve it each year. Well, this year, I decided to tackle making an electric train again. It's a work-in-progress right now, but I figured I would give an update. I used rubber bands in the wheels in order to give the train traction. The motor is on the back wheels, and I have easy access to the on/off switch. I think I am going to make the track bigger, though. Once I finish, I will take video of the train in motion. =D






2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact template available. I built this several years back. It's pretty easy once you get the spacing of the wheels right. I just put rubber bands around the front and back wheels to get them to grip the tracks. These are the only pictures I have, but you could probably replicate it pretty closely just by looking at them. (Obviously, there are some spacers on the back red rod between the motor and the frame and the wheels.)

      Delete

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...