Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Review: Loopin' Lightning Coaster

The other night, I made the Loopin' Lightning Coaster, which uses classic *and* micro Knex. This was my first coaster using both types of K'nex, and here are my thoughts on it...

The coaster was easy to build. It took me a mere 1.5-2 hours to build. However, the coaster did not work correctly. It had trouble getting over the first small hill, and it would never catch on the chain once it made it to the bottom. Also, I was not a huge fan of the track. I feel it is much less reliable than the ones that use tubing. Since the track is all attached with micro knex, it is much easier to break or just come apart.

Consequently, I did have to make some modifications to the track to allow the coaster cars to make it all the way down the track and attach onto the chain. So technically, this coaster isn't exactly the Loopin' Lightning, but it is fairly similar.





No comments:

Post a Comment

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...