Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Knex Knitting Loom

This is for all you crafty people out there! I was inspired to make a knitting loom when I saw a knex rainbow loom. Well, since I am not interested much in making bracelets, I decided it'd be fun to make a loom for scarves and such! It took me a few tries to create one that wouldn't buckle under pressure, but I think this one should work quite splendidly! As you can see, I've already started knitting a scarf on it using two different colors of yarn. The grey connector there is handy in keeping the yarn taut if I leave my work for a little while. Now, this one is only 18 pegs (9 on each side), but it could be made longer or shorter. I got a set of loom knitting tools, a needle and a hook, that are perfect for this loom. The hook works well because the k'nex already has built in grooves to help get up under the yarn. I may have to try and make a round loom at some point. ^_^









I will try to post the finished product once it's complete! =)

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Please post instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. spinning fiber and can be found in many yarn shops, on eBay, and on etsy. You can also find handpainted and dyed versions of these fibers, including naturally dyed fibers. Sukkapuikot

    ReplyDelete

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...