Monday, July 13, 2015

Knex Storage hosted by Callie, My Cat

I have long tried to figure out what the best way to store K'nex is. I have finally found a method that works well for me, and you may like it, too! It is time-consuming starting out, but it saves lots of rummaging through bins later on.

"My human likes playing with knex. Some people say it's a kid's toy, but she thinks it's a fun and creative hobby to have. I like them because I can chase them around the house, and they're small enough to pick up and carry off! When they are in storage, though, it's a lot harder for me to get at them... Here's how they are stored:
Depending on how many k'nex you have, you will need some empty bins. (I love bins! They are so fun to sit in!)

My human uses two bins for hers, but she probably would need three if all her builds were disassembled.

You can also use some of these nifty storage bins for the pieces that you have lots of. (This bin is just my size!)

Seriously, though, I love bins... and boxes... and anything I can sit in, really.

She also uses this K'nex case she got with her very first set. Somewhere along the way, the other knex bins she had got lost, though. She uses this bin for various odds and ends.

She then uses ziploc bags to separate out the different colorful pieces. These are all her connectors.

(OH HAI! Here I am. Much better picture than that last one.)

And here are the different rods! She even likes to separate out the bendy rods from the solid ones.

My human just feels so much better when her k'nex are in order, and so do I!

These are all the specialty/random parts she has. She likes to keep the track tubing in bags, too, so that it doesn't get tangled... or chased by me...

When you disassemble builds, just have all your bags/bins nearby so you can throw pieces in the bags they belong in!

The pieces mostly fit in these two big bins! And when my human wants to use them, all she has to do is pull out the ziploc bags! 

Now you see what I mean... they are just so much harder to pick up and run off with when they are all stored like this!

Well, that's about all I have for today. Maybe my human will let me pose with K'nex more often now! If not, I will just keep stealing her pieces as she works... it drives her crazy. xD 

Sincerely,
Knex Kitten"

2 comments:

  1. 0_o I love looking at your great collection! I really need to acquire some tubing and more misc. pieces for my ball machines and other builds :'( . Whenever I see other people's large collections, I wish i had them XD. You should try making a ball machine one day :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to start making a ball machine a few months back, and I just didn't even know where to begin. The only one I've made was the Big Ball Tower, and I followed the directions for that one. I really should check out some of the different ones on KnexFlux to get some insight into what to aim for when building a ball machine.

      Delete

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...