Friday, June 5, 2015

Knex Lazy Susan (or turntable)

Hello, cyberworld! If you've never been to my blog before, welcome! I try to take K'nex and make them into everyday, useful items. Sometimes, I just make things for fun, though, because let's face it... Knex are meant to be fun! Today, my build is more of a functional build: a lazy susan. Now, let me note that this is not for placing really small or skinny items on, as I did not cover the whole area with platforms. My main intent for this was that it be useful for cake decorating. However, it could be used for various other things. For instance, it can hold condiments or a pizza on the dinner table. You could also use it in your cupboard for storing spices (although, depending on the size of the spice bottles, you may want to lay down some cardstock or cardboard first). In that same vein, you could make a second tier and put larger bottles on the bottom and the short ones up top! Use your imagination!

The top on the lazy susan.

The lazy susan flipped upside down so you can see the base.

Side view.

View from the bottom.

Another side view.


If you would like more thorough details on how to build one of your own, just ask! Also, I am always grateful for more build ideas. If you'd like to be a guest builder on my blog, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...