Saturday, May 28, 2016

K'nex Bottle Yard

This build comes to you on the heels of feeding an infant and going through bottle after bottle, whether because of formula feeding or just supplementing with already pumped breast milk. I know most of you probably have no interest in a build of this sort, but I have found it to be a lifesaver during the first ten weeks of my little guy's life! I did boil the knex rods to make sure they were sanitized before using my bottle yard, and that is why you may notice some discoloration, particularly on the red rods. Turns out, k'nex rods do sometimes lose color! I was not aware of this because my k'nex have done really well around most elements (rain, sun, heat, cold, etc). I didn't build it around the bottles that I chose, but the Playtex Ventaire is the only bottle my little guy really likes. It just so happens that my bottle yard is perfect for all the little parts that come with that particular bottle! Without further ado, here is my bottle yard (which you may notice sits on top of a drying mat).






As you can see, it has become a permanent fixture on my counter as I do tend to go through a lot of bottles. I don't know how else I would've gotten my bottles to dry out aside from buying a bottle yard. But you know my motto! Why buy something when you can make it out of K'nex?! Thanks for reading my blog! If you have any suggestions for future builds (whether you think them mundane or not), please let me know! I am always looking for more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...