Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Storage Cubbies II

I realize it's been quite some time since I updated my blog. My husband and I welcomed a baby boy in March, and most of this year has been spent in preparation for our little one. I am hoping that I can update much more often in the next few months.

However, today I bring you another storage creation! For those of you who are familiar with all of the builds I have done, you may remember that I made a storage cubular a while back. Well, this one is much improved from the last one. It is structurally sound enough to be able to hold much more weight, and it shouldn't bend under pressure. I will warn you that it takes a massive amount of k'nex pieces as well as a good chunk of time to make. Without further ado, here are the pictures!






I got the plastic storage bins at the Dollar Store, and the smaller ones fit quite easily into the cubes. 

As always, if you have any suggestions for builds, let me know! I would love to be challenged by different types of builds. Also, I am willing to try and answer any knex or building-related questions you may have. I have been building with k'nex for many years now, and I would love to share my knowledge with others. Happy building!

2 comments:

  1. If it's not to much to ask could you please post some building instructions for this on instructables.com
    I would find this very useful if I could build this. Can you post a (parts needed list) with the building instructions as well please.
    Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I don't even have this built any more. It took a ton of purple and navy two-way connectors. If I had more time on my hands, I would love to recreate it and post instructions, but I have a three little kids underfoot these days. Alas, K'nex has gone somewhat by the wayside. Maybe you can figure out how to build it by looking at these pictures? Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...