Thursday, December 24, 2015

Knex Fixes: Kitty-Proofing a Feeder

Today, I bring you a fix that I made for our cat feeder. We've got a feeder that dispenses food 3 times a day, every day. It's quite handy for portion control and whatnot. However, our gluttonous cats have figured out how to tamper with it. While we were gone on vacation (and a friend was watching them), they were able to knock over the feeder and pry the lid off. So, this build was meant to 1) keep the feeder standing, 2) keep the lid on, and 3) prevent them from sticking their grubby little paws up behind the food dish to get more food to fall out (they figured out how to remove the dish in front).

Here's what I got:
By adding the water bowl holder onto the side, I believe I made a more stable base that will prevent them from knocking it over.

They can't get the lid off without unhinging the 4 navy rods. Win!



As you can see, the food dish is now firmly in place, and now the cats can't get at the mechanism that drops food. 

Have anything around the house that you could use a fix for? Comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...