Monday, March 9, 2015

Knex Drink Holder

The Knex build I bring to you today is one that can be used for multiple occasions. It could be put in a theater/entertainment room, a kitchen, or even at an event. Part of the build idea came from freefire137 on the Knex Reddit. He suggested building a sort of soda can dispenser. I coupled that idea with holders for packets of hot cocoa and cider, thereby creating a sort of drink holder. I meant to post it a few days ago, but the hubby and I usually don't have any soda in the house. So, I had to go out and snag some (generic, yes, but they are standard soda can size, so I figured they would do the trick!).

Front

Soda can side (credit for this idea goes to freefire137)


View from the back (I used green bendy K'nex to create the curvature in the soda can part, so that the sodas could easily slide out) 

The packet holders (I am considering adding a tea bag slot above these packets in the back)


I like that it doesn't take up a whole lot of counter space. It's only about 6" from front to back.


Have any more ideas for me to tackle? Please let me know! I will be more than happy to give you credit for the idea as well as link to your respective blog or website! 

Also, I have finally got my Twitter all sorted out if you want to follow me: Knextravagant's Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...