Thursday, March 12, 2015

Knex Hobo Cat House

I know this post is coming late in the season, but here it is anyway!

This is Gus. Well, we named him Gus because he's the neighborhood stray cat. Until recently, he had no collar identifying that his shots were up to date or anything.

He's a sweet little guy, and my hubby and I would have liked to adopt him. However, we have three female cats and are therefore at our catpacity.

This winter, though, the temperatures were bitterly cold off and on. So, I decided to make a little makeshift shelter to at least give the little guy a place to hide out from the wind.

I found a cardboard box that was just his size, and I lined it with stuff to hopefully keep him warm on the cold nights.

On almost every cold night, I found him snuggled up in his little hobo house.

It wasn't much, but he did seem to appreciate it!

I don't know if Gus recently found a forever home, but he came back about a week ago with a collar on that holds his rabies tag (that shows he's up to date on that shot, at least). I'm pullin' for the little guy, though. He's such a sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...