Thursday, February 19, 2015

Knex Plant Hanger

The time of year is coming when green thumbs everywhere get to work planting their "starters." I am trying my hand at gardening this year, but I have three small problems. Their names are Sam, Kat, and Callie (our cats). I was trying to think of a way I can get my plants sun while keeping them out of the cold and away from our three cats when I had an idea. Why not make a hanging shelf that can house my little plants up out of reach of the cats? So I set to work on a K'nex hanging planter. Here is the result:








As you can see, I am using empty vessels here, so I will have to weight test it when the time comes. However, it does seem pretty sturdy! Also, it may need to hang a little lower in order to get proper sunlight, but the concept seems to be pretty useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...