Monday, October 26, 2015

Hobo Cat House II

So, for those of you who have been following my blog since it's iteration, you may remember that I made a little hobo house for the stray cat, Gus, in our neighborhood last year. Well, it served its purpose, but I didn't think it was my best invention ever. Since colder weather is coming, though, I decided I would try and make Gus an even better shelter this year. We've tried to get him adopted by other people (because he really is a sweet guy) but to no avail. I found an Amazon box sitting in our garage that I thought would be just the right size for the hobo house this year. So the K'nex infrastructure will actually fit *inside* the box this year (instead of the box going inside the knex, like last year). I plan on trying to get some materials put in the house that will help to keep Gus warm during the winter months.

The knex house measures 5 red rods by 2 red, 1 grey rod.

It did end up being lengthier this year, but Gus will enjoy the extra room as he's a big cat.

I left a door in the front and cut a hole in the cardboard box so that he can get in, but the wind can't.

It's fairly sturdy.

I left the floor clear of knex parts because I plan on putting in bedding/insulation for him, and this way, I don't have to fight to fit things through tight spaces. I will simply put in the bedding, and then I can place the infrastructure right down in the box.

I plan on decorating the cardboard exterior so that it's not an eye-sore or anything on our front porch. I will try to post a picture of the finished product!

If you know of anyone that wants a sweet cat (I believe he is neutered and front de-clawed), let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...