Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Big Build: Ferris Wheel -- Part 3

I know it's been a couple days since my last update, but big builds can be quite time consuming! Also, ya know... busy life and stuff. I have finished most of the wheel, though! I just need to make the gondolas and hang 'em up.

Here is the third ring finished.

And the fourth!

I used yellow-sized bendy parts to create a little decoration and color.

I also used grey-sized bendy parts to add some dimension to the inside.

And finally, the last ring!

I've got spaces marked out for each gondola, so now I just have to create them.

I am figuring out how I am going to motorize it while still creating a stable enough spindle for the giant wheel to ride along.

This is the view from inside the wheel. I decided to use tan pieces to keep the wheel in place along the axis. I then took 4 yellow connectors and 6 red rods to create the part that will help to turn the wheel.

And as you can see, it is taller than I am. It will easily be over 6 feet tall when I finish up with it!

1 comment:

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...