Monday, August 4, 2014

K'nex 101: The "Bones" of K'nex!

This is my first installment of K'nex 101. I will post some tips/facts/ideas about K'nex instead of a build! I hope it is informative for beginning K'nex builders as well as some of the more seasoned builders!

Today, I have assembled the K'nex rods in order from smallest to largest (using only one orange connector at most in each rod). Green rods (which are sometimes black) are the smallest, and grey rods (which also come in black) are the largest.


Also, here is a smaller set of right angles using the basic rods (that don't need an orange connector). I wanted to show that each rod (except for gray) has a hypotenuse rod (the lengthy side of a right angle triangle). In order to reinforce structural K'nex builds, you will want to use hypotenuse rods to make it sturdier. If you are using any of the above rods (save some of the largest (and the very smallest)), one of the other rods will be able to work as the hypotenuse.


So there ya go! Simple, I know, but it can actually come in quite handy if you are looking for a random-sized rod and one of the basic rods juuuuust isn't fitting right.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, kinda random, me coming to this page; I Googled "Knex rods" and saw the rod length picture. Very helpful! I'd didn't know there were tiny differences in those comparing lengths..

    ReplyDelete

K'nex Shadowbox for Small Gaming Characters

For a while now, my husband has been wanting a shadowbox or display case for his gaming action figures. I was going to buy him one for his ...